Thread: MOD and MOI files

Default MOD and MOI files

My video files are MOD and MOI files. Premiere does not let me import the files to my project. What am I doing wrong? Please help me. Thank you.

I think you will need this programme http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_4_ENU.html to bring the files into and then export them as .AVI files that can be brought into Premier. There is a free trail download. Hope this helps

I have power Director express. Would that work? The files are on my computer, I deleted them from the video camera. I have a JVC hard drive type of video camera. I don't even know how I got them on my computer SO I don't know how to bring them into the program and then export them as AVI. I'm totally new and totally lost! Can you give me some step by step instructions? PLEASE? Thanks so much for such a fast reply.

Hi Map 33, sorry you're having such a hard time trying to open those files. I found this thread that might help you http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/9735p1.html - Best of luck and please let us know how you get on

Thanks for your help Shiner! I successfully converted one of my clips. Only problem is that I have a billion clips... and the time it will take to convert is giving me a headache. :(

Can someone tell me the difference between avi and mpeg2 and all the other choices? Which is best? What should I choose when converting my MOD files?