you could try using the re-author tools in DVD shrink, you will lose all menu functions though.
This might be a bit long-winded and more trouble than it's worth, also there's probably a much easier way to do it but I'm pretty sure this will work if you're desperate:
- copy the original DVD files to your hard disc (edit: just re-read your post, obviously just use the ones on your HD, might want to back them up first though)
- navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder and re-name the .VOB files so they have the extension .MPG
- watch the re-named .MPG files back and locate the chapter you want to extract.
- import the relevant .MPG files into your editing App (I'm almost certain studio 9 will accept them) and trim/combine them so you've got the bit you want only.
- export as a DVD chapter as normal
I have done this before with different software, I don't know how it'll work out for you, it probably won't be as good as the original DVD and there's probably a much much simpler and better way of doing it, but that might do the job for now.
Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i