Thread: 3d

Default 3d

I am trying to have CG in my movies but I can't find a program that can actually transfer into movie software. Is it even possible? I have always loved the idea of making things with no limits almost.

O, and free software would be helpful, lol

Default Re: 3d

Quote Originally Posted by 4_evr_moviemaker
    I am trying to have CG in my movies but I can't find a program that can actually transfer into movie software. Is it even possible? I have always loved the idea of making things with no limits almost.

O, and free software would be helpful, lol
    It must be possible cos Hollywood does it every day!

basically, you need a tool that will allow you to export your CGI animation in a form at that can them be opened by eiother your video editor or your composting tool of choice.

This may be as a simple AVI file but more likely as a series of still with alpha channel embedded in them.

I could name a few pieces of software but I don't know any that are free. It sounds like you're getting into serious compositing and pushing towards the thick wallet type of s/w.

Others may know different and prove me wrong of course.

Knowing what 3d program you use would help.

when i do it i use avi, and for my cg i put the background as chroma green, and greenscreen it out!
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com