Thread: What is rendering?

Default What is rendering?

Hi Friends,
    I am new in video capturing and editing. I bought a Dazzle DVC 120 capture device. It captures very well. I use Studio Quick-Start 9.3. After capturing when I go to make Movie (VCD,SVCD or DVD) it start rendering and this 'rendering' takes time to much. I dont know what is rendering. Somebody plz help me how can I easily and quickly make high quality movie with my Dazzle DVC 120.
    B.R.

Welcome to the world of video editing! The better your computer is, the less you'll have to wait, but this is essentially a long process. So don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you waiting for hours to complete a project. We all do.

Thanks Mihai for ur great reply. Someone told me that Dazzle DVC120 has hardware rendering capability. How can I get it? Would U plz explain it? Sorry for weak English.
    B.R.

I haven't heard of Dazzle converters capable of hardware compression, but anyway, if your device has that feature, it will automatically use it - as long as you use Pinnacle Studio or whatever software you have received with it and select the Dazzle as a source.

I received Pinnacle Studio Quick-Start 9 with Dazzle. I have heard that Dazzle device had it's original dazzle editing software. I'm not sure about that. Now Pinnacle provides Dazzle devices. Would you plz tell me which software is best editor for my Dazzle?
    Best regards

Pinnacle Studio, of course. If you like it, you can upgrade QuickStart to the full version.
    Keep in mind that Pinnacle Studio, although fulfilling all the basic editing requirements, is not a very stable piece of software, so always make sure you have the latest patches installed.

Thanks for your helpful reply.