Thread: I need Feedback on first demo reel please...

Default I need Feedback on first demo reel please...

Hello all! I have been editing for quite some time now. I have been freelancing for one company for three years, and the time has come to put together a new demo reel. I whipped this together, and would love some feedback on it. This is the first demo reel I have put together for a job interview... Any feedback would be great. Thank you!

Looking at just the editing I thought you did a real good job. Transitions of scenes were great when using fades and cutaways.

I really started feeling the whole video when the martial arts/weaponry scenes were playing.

Good luck for your interview.
    JVC GR-SXM240; Pinnacle MovieBox Deluxe; Pinnacle Studio Plus 9.4; Dell Dimension 3000 (it\'s a start)

I really like it. The tight cuts were nice, keeping it interesting, and it really appeared to showcase your talent with diverse footage. The only thing I was wondering is maybe switching up the order of the shots, maybe putting the martial arts scenes mixed in with the other ones. I might be wrong, maybe it's better to keep it organised, just a thought. Looks good.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

I aint no pro but some of those shots were really lovely. I think there were too many martial art type shots, one would suffice as to me thay are not particularly skillfull or complex.

I really enjoyed it. Loved all the zooming and panning shots. Stunning I must say. The only thing and I agree with Mark W is that there were to many martial art shots. Should of took out a couple. Really loved it though.

although it was simple, it was nice.

Too many martial arts scene.

i've seen this before somewhere, I'm sure. you posted on other forums?!