Thread: WIP

Default WIP

Here is a video I am currently working on. I've never really tried anything 'artsy' before, so this is a first for me. After working on it for a while, I've watched it so many times that I've lost perspective. I need outsider opinions, so if you think it's terrible go right ahead and say so.

http://media.putfile.com/-61

Thanks
    Taxman

I reckon you don’t need quite so much repetition. It’s nice enough, but there’s no great inspired creativity to keep it visually interesting. And your use of negatives for the guitar and fire just didn’t quite click, although the reversed colouring of the fruit worked ok. Also, you synched up the light bursts well, but, in my opinion, too many times.

Good to watch, though. Zeppelin tracks can be schizophrenic – soft then frantic – you could really add some punch on the louder parts. You’re editing well. These are just thoughts that sprang to mind after a first watch.

I'm now realizing I should of shot more footage, to take away repetition. Here's new version.

http://media.putfile.com/7758

Much better, the opening is really inviting, and each scene is brief. Short clips stimulate visual interest. Couple of points, though – I think you’ve overdone the blue tint. It quickly becomes wearying.

And I would zoom in/out by keyframing scale during the edit, rather than relying on the camera, you’ve got much more control this way. Your cam’s zoom hesitated a little, which looks awkward.

I like this a lot, it’s great to tailor video to a music track.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering what you think work better than just blue tint. I tried having it go into normal colour, but it didn't look right.

Thanks

I’d use some high contrast shots, deep shadow & bright highlights to vary the clips. Also, some slow movement left and right, not just zoomed, again using keyframed position & scale. A “prowling” camera holds the viewer’s interest. Using a very slow ‘rotate’ just occasionally can also add to a music vid’s flavour.

Just a few ideas worth playing with. Try bumping up the contrast on some of those blue-tinted scenes - you might be surprised.