Thread: pinnacle 8 and 9

Default pinnacle 8 and 9

i was wondering if i could use my pinnacle 8 edited files for pinnacle 9, for instance, i already have pinnacle 8 and i have about a 22 min video project in it, and i wanted to buy pinnacle 9 but not if i cant use my 22 min video in it.

elephix2 Guest

Default Studio 8 & 9

I just upgraded from 8 to 9.
    Here's what you'll have to do though:
    Save all of your footage and .stu files in seperate folders than the Pinnacle ones, because when you install 9, it deletes all of Pinnacle's previous files/folders (program files/pinnacle studio/captured video/...)

Also, if you used the contrast and coloration tools in 8, it'll look messed up in 9 at first because it doesn't have the same coloration tools. But you can turn them off, and you'll have your original raw-looking footage.
    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

1. Pinnacle AV/DV card or eq.
    By Dazedandconfused in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 02:11 AM
  2. pinnacle 10 help
    By persian_venom in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 04:26 AM
  3. Pinnacle V9
    By greenland46 in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 05:17 PM
  4. Pinnacle 9
    By fastedit in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 09:41 PM
  5. AVI in Pinnacle. Pls help!!
    By taar44 in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 08:22 PM