Thread: Help me before i throw the PC out the window!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Help me before i throw the PC out the window!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, hope I am in the right forum, got a good one for you here......
    I am using ulead media studio pro 6.5 and trying to save back to mini-dv tape
    on a sony trv-25. I am getting an audio glitch at almost exactly every 5 minutes. In other words at the moment I cannot save to tape anything over 5 minutes.
    I have installed the update patches, researched for hours about background processes - switched nearly all the ones off I am able and still the same problem. It is driving me crazy.
    I know that windows xp likes to auto update every 5 minutes but I have disabled this function ( least I think I have) and still the audio glitches at exact 5 minute intervals.
    Has anybody had a similiar experience, and how did you overcome it.
    I'm wishing I bought a mac now, but please is there something I have overlooked????

What spec is your computer, does the video file playback alright on the computer screen and does the Sony have DV input (I've never used that particular model before)?

Default success

on saturday night after scouring the net for people who had similiar problems to me , I discovered a miracle cure......WinDV.

It is a very small free program that has cured all my glitches, something to do with more memory buffering for capturing and saving back to tape.

I can definately recommend Win DV if you are having any audio dropout or any glitches. It has worked for me and I will be sending a donation to the creator who has made me a happy man after 18 months of frustration.