Thread: Not playing back in colour. (Sony CCD-TR680E)

Default Not playing back in colour. (Sony CCD-TR680E)

Can anyone please tell me why after recording, it plays back in black and white and not in colour. Is there something I'm not doing?

Thanks.

When you say it plays back in black and white does that mean in the camera, on the computer or after you've made a DVD?

Nikosony, thanks for reply, I suppose I should have given slightly more useful information

When I connect the camera to the tv, it plays back in black and white. But if I take the tape out and play it back in another camera, it plays back in colour. So the first camera does record in colour.

I do not have a manual for the camera and I have looked on the Sony's UK and USA site, for a manual download but I can't find this camera model.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Did you buy your television or camera in the USA or any other country that uses the NTSC system? What connection leads are you using to connect the camera to the TV? And finally, are the settings correct on your television (setup menu) for connecting an external device to it?

Nikosony

Both TV & Camera brought in the UK (both PAL System). 3 phono to 3 phono (yellow white red).

The TV is set for external devices.

Thanks.

Sounds like the TV is set for "S-Video in" whereas it should be set to "Composite Video in" or this maybe is called just "Video in" or "Composite in". So try switching between other TV AV input settings.

go to amazon, or search for manual in pdf format for that exact model number. I bought my dcr-hc90 from sears, and it was open box, not used, but the manual was missing, so i got it from amazon.
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

mooblie

It is set for AV3, for camcorders, which works for my other cameras. But for some reason it dosn't work for this camera.

grewell912

Where on amazon do I find camcorder manuals.
    I have checked sonys UK and US web site for manuals, but my camera isn't listed.

Any idea of where else to try downloading from?

Thanks.

well when i searched on it, and read around on the product page, it said "download a user manual for this product!" and it was in pdf format
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com