Thread: another exprot problem

Default another exprot problem

.. hi

when im exporting from pro (about 15 mins of footage) - it seems to get about half way/quater of the way and then stop.. its strange because it stops at different times of the movie.. when i look at the avi file it looks and plays fine but is incomplete....

any ideas???

cheers

once again.... details details details

respectfully, I don't hink anyone will be able to answer you withteh amount of details provided.

What s/w you using? What settings did you use? What plugins/effect are used in the timeline? Is this high def or standard def? what format are you trying to export in? etc etc.

I don't know any video editing application called 'pro'.

If you mean Premiere Pro then depending on settings used and type of media and options take I might have some ideas.

^^yeah -sorry- good point! -

im using premire pro 1.5 with most of the standed effects - ive also used borris effects and magic bullet efects.. it's SD and ive tried exporting it as dvavi, avi and quicktime.. quicktime doesnt seem to work and both avi types seem to get about half way. i've also tried a number of different compressers- none of them seem to work.. i then thought if i could burn the dvd rather than exporting from premire,then I could rip the dvd image using another program and turn it into avi. - I did this over night by going to 'export to dvd' and this also did not work - it rendered fine then when burning the error said 'video picture size is larger than buffer'.. do yeah know what this means??

any ideas?
    cheers.

OK, some more questions.

How much HDD space is left on the drive you are exporting to and on the HDD that holds your scratch files?

What format are these hard drives formatted into? NTFS or FAT32?

Have you defragged them properly?

Do you have a Matrox RTX card installed?

not to sure on the answers to those questions..

ive got over 50gig free on my harddisk - what do u mean by scratch file?(sorry for sounding dumb!!) but if it helps my c drives got over 50 gig free and my d drives got 2 gig free out of a possible 7. - i assume by scratch files you mean where the temporery files are stored (eg my d drive)

they are both defragged -yes

by matrox card I assume you mean grahics card then no.. my graphics card is a bog starded one with only 64meg shared memory..

and I have no idea what you mean by NTFS or FAT32...

thanx for ya help..

Quote Originally Posted by innocent_bystander
    not to sure on the answers to those questions..

ive got over 50gig free on my harddisk - what do u mean by scratch file?(sorry for sounding dumb!!) but if it helps my c drives got over 50 gig free and my d drives got 2 gig free out of a possible 7. - i assume by scratch files you mean where the temporery files are stored (eg my d drive)
    Well, then forget your D drive for video editting. 2Gb is good for at most ten minutes of video and that's if you do nothing with it. Just make sure Premiere is not using the drive for anything. This might be your problem.

they are both defragged -yes
    Good!

by matrox card I assume you mean grahics card then no.. my graphics card is a bog starded one with only 64meg shared memory..
    the card i mentioned can have conflicts and cause problems in premiere. You not having one eliminates that then

and I have no idea what you mean by NTFS or FAT32...
    Well, you need to find out. Right click on your C drive in Windows Explorer and open the properties. It should tell you how the drive is formatted. If it says FAT32 then this is almosty certainly your problem. If it says NTFS then we're back to the drawing board!

thanx for ya help..
    You're welcome.

just looked - its NTFC...

..and yes your right -i dnt use the d drive for video..

Ive even reinstalled premire (both full and repair), and all the plag ins.. .. still no joy.. the only thing I can think of is hiting it with a large, heavy object... maybe a hamer?

---any ideas what this error means??

---this is what it says when expoting to DVD..

'video picture size is larger than buffer'

nice1

I have this problem and I noticed that if I fiddle with the start and length of the Dissolve or Effect at the frame it was bombing at it was fine.

I would select just that area and keep attempting to render just a couple of frames to eliminate the fault.

It's a pain and I hope it's something they fix in the next version.

thanks 4 all ya help- seems to be working now... .. i just tried about 50 times and then it worked.. bloody computers!!

cheers