Thread: How do you do this effect?

Default How do you do this effect?

Does anyone know how to do this effect or if it can be done. It's towards the begining of this video. It's like an orange wave of color over the video. Like if you pointed it at the sun or something. I'm kind of a newbie to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Sony Vegas 6 also. Thanks
    Quad Freestyler

Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Blog Entries

I'm really sorry, but I'm not going to sit and wait for a 54mb vid to download. Why not just try playing with the effects until you find what you want? There are loads to play with. Like Glow, or Light Effects, or Brightness/Contrast etc. Give them a try.

Thanks for trying to help. This effect isn't just used in this video it's used in a lot of video's. It's hard to explain it like an orange color color flowing over the screen like if the lens was exposed to the sun.
    Quad Freestyler

Not quite sure what your after, but you could try Event FX-Film Effects keep it at Dust and play with the different colours, settings etc.

Playing with Vegas is the best way to find effects, this way you can some times stumble on better options.

Hope this helps,

I think he means Lens Flare... BTW i dunno how to do that in Vegas either...

Default If you are after a lense flare...

I don't know if this will help you or not but if you are after a lense flare affect you might want to use EffectsLab. Here is a link to the site if you want to check it out. I downloaded the trial verson and so far it seems pretty good but I don't have the full version so I can't say if it is actually a good program or not.

7. Default

Find another place to host files!

8. Smile I think he means more like an orange bleach ???

Hey i dunno if what your talking about is something like the film bleaches orange. Not actually flowing liquid but more like light overexposure. If thats what you want. Just choose an effect called flash inside Vegas. Set the color from defualt white to orange on the color swatch. Then just extend the effect for the duration you want as you would with any other transition or effect. It will bleach out to that color. Now you can Clip back to the same scene or if you wanted it to bleach orange or blue and viewers are looking at the next scene like in hollywood trailers then you could use this. If this doesnt work open event fx and choose color correction and use that to bleach to orange and back etc. Use key framing of the color corrector to cause chages over time as it suits you.

My first post here. LOL. I hope this helps.