Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Parkour Video, check it out

1. Default A Parkour Video, check it out

Parkour is the sport in which participants learn how to move through complex environments as quickly and efficiently as possible, and on a trip to oklahoma to visit my sister I decided to make a video of it. Shot with a Canon Elura 85, edited with Edius Pro 3.1, by Canopus. Enjoy!

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...C0LR3C51CD2PBF .wmv, low quality
    http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...72UI06VW98XAAI .mov, decent quality
    http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...Q359TQN1NBH9U1 change to .mpg (crazy high quality, and not that big of a file, either)
    http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...K0MXDDNRDWJGVB .wmv, decent quality

(tell me if the links don't work, I can rehost)
    \"He\'s not as tough as he thinks he is!
    Neither are we.\" - The Sting

Great stuff!

I saw a Parkour documentary where one of the originators came over from France to the UK to encourage enthusiasts here - there was such an inspiring atmosphere of mutual respect.

Your movie was cool - thanks for posting (says Mr Experience - this is my first post!) - my favourite bits were :

1. that animal scurrying down its hole at the start!
    2. when (you?) jumped over the hedge
    3. there was a big wall at about 2:50 and I genuinely didn't think the jumper would get over it!

Keep up the good work - long may your hands find purchase and your shins remain free of bruises!

tried to watch but all links expired. :(

4. Default

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...Z2RD8VFPAW137N

here's a link to a decent but not that great quality version. thanks for taking interest!

Nothing wrong with the quality, that was good for web preview.

In the UK about dec 2004 there was a documentary about this on channel 4, they went to France and did interviews with the founders of the sport (I think) and covered it's beginnings.

Then brought them back to run the roof tops of London, it ended with 1 guy making a jump from the bridge of HMS Belfast down on to the deck, which seemed pretty lame as a finale, until I sat and thought about what he had achieved.

Your video was exciting to watch, and all I heard was "well cool" from my son Richard(6) :twisted: .

I was beginning to think no one else in the world uses Edius Pro.

Hey thats 2 of us, maybe they'll give us our own page on the forum

6. Default

Haha, thanks. Yea ... I personally hated Jump London, but it did loads for the sport, so hooah.

And yay it's another Edius user Do you know how to do gradual zoom with it? I can't figure out how to keyframe it, and I wonder if the program is powerful enough for it, or whether I'm going to have to learn how to use aftereffects afterall ....

The 2 PiP filters are the way to go.

www.kidspc.bits-uk.com/videos/park_web_1.wmv

(I was experimenting with different looks for a job, but when it got compressed from dv it just ended up dark, so sorry about the quality.)

In the second scene after the titles of this vid, my daughter is telling a little rhyme whilst filming my son on a roundabout and walking towards him.

In reality she stopped, so I added a zoom using the 3d PIP filter, set to 100% at the first frame and 120ish at the last frame, this continued the illusion of her walking towards him. If you set the cursor on the first frame and set the size to 100 and then place the cursor on the last frme and set the size to 120 and the keyframes should appear. Remember to change the keyframe interpolation to constant, otherwise you end up with a slow start and also the frame will get slightly smaller at the beginning for a few frames and this will be noticeable.

hope this helps

I agree the jump London thing was great for the first 20mins, exciting watch them in the stairwells and parks of France(like your vid), but the rest was just boring marketing crap.

8. Default

i'm sorry, could you spell that out a little bit? i don't know what the PIP filter is :(

Picture In Picture filter, you made a couple of pip's in your vid, possibly with the layout filter.

look in the effects list, at the bottom there is a folder called keyers, in there is 3d pip, pip (which is 2d only), chromakey (green screen, probably the best DV key available), luminance and blend.

3d pip is fully keyframeable and gives you options like:

scale, crop, motion, transparency, rotation, drop shadows, soft edges, borders, highlights and perspective.

Try it, you can do some great stuff with it.

There is a link to some useful setup vids on the other edius thread

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6424

cheers

Mike.

10. Default

Oh man, totally didn't know that anything useful could be done with that! Thanks a million!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast