Thread: Contra Zoom

Default Contra Zoom

OK, so now I have my track dolly from b-hague I had to do it didn't I?

I had about half an hour to try this this morning before me and my Danny went off to football. I just cut the vid for download.

www.alandmills.co.uk/ContraZoom.pdf

Yes, it is a PDF document! I just had to try this new 'export for comments' feature in Premiere Pro 2. It might ask a couple of 'are you sure you want to run this content' type questions when you run it though.

I don't think I got it quite right but not such a bad first try. Strange that I found the timing was consistently easier to get right pulling back. I think I may have set the camera transition wrong to 'graduation' on one side making it awkward. Never thought about this till after. Camera is asleep again now. I'll check later.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Of the contra zoom and the PDF style of delivery.

Alan

Blog Entries

I like both!

It looks like you scared the cr*p out of your son when you did the zoom out/ track in version! I think he had visions of having a YNOS briuse on his forehead for the next week.

Nice 'n smooth though. Especially at the speed in which it was executed, the figure stays exactly the same size, not that easy to do.

Blog Entries

Excellent video but I'm not so keen on this new PDF delivery format.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru
    I like both!

It looks like you scared the cr*p out of your son when you did the zoom out/ track in version! I think he had visions of having a YNOS briuse on his forehead for the next week

Nice 'n smooth though. Especially at the speed in which it was executed, the figure stays exactly the same size, not that easy to do.
    I wasn't quite sure I got the speeds right tbh but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Excellent video but I'm not so keen on this new PDF delivery format.
    I think it will have it's place in the industry where feedback is requested from customers following review. I agree though that it's not really the best delivery platform for these little 'watch this' videos. It's a new toy though, and I just had to try it.

Blog Entries

Show off ! Tracks ! Lucky you.

Like the zoom, very cool. Second works best for me.

Often called a hitchcock zoom too innit?