Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Begginers or not???

Default For Begginers or not???

So, I have been reading through these forums and looking at other people's comments and tips and such. It seems like Vegas is meant for more than just a beginner. I have used the simple video editing software (movie maker, cyberlink) and I have some idea of how things flow together and what options are... but with vegas, people are talking about plug-ins and such....

I am just wondering if maybe I am in over my head or not.... Is Sony Vegas as complicated as I am making it out to be in my head...?? casue the more reading I do about the software, the more discouraged I get.

Sony vegas is very easy-to-use though has alot of features that you probly wont use as a begginer, best bet is to try the 30-day trial.

Blog Entries

I would agree with joeycory. Vegas is capable of an awful lot, which as a beginner you may not use. On the other hand I find it's interface simple, clear and easy to use. Pretty intuitive too. It really is the dogs soft bits in my eyes but the only way you're going to know for sure is if you give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Blog Entries

For the reasons cited above I think vegas is great for the beginner. It is acessible but offers a learning curve that gently takes you all the way to pro editing if you want to go there.

Default Couldn't agree more...

I'm a total beginner myself and tried plenty of 30 day free trials of various software before buying Vegas.

It can do a hell of a lot but all I really wanted it for was basic editing. It has the most straightforward interface by a country mile and I'd tell anyone to use it.

I'm even now experimenting with some of the many things it can do but I'm too much of a tight arse to print off the 400 page manual explaining them all!

If anyone can get video masks to work you're better than I am with it!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Couldn't agree more...

Quote Originally Posted by San_Miguel
    If anyone can get video masks to work you're better than I am with it!
    Easy Peasy. It's a piece of cake. What can't you do?

hi, i am new to this video editing thing that seems getting pretty hot lately. what is better for a biginner that wants to learn? sony vegas or adobe premiere?

i played with sony vegas for a bit, but it seemed really in depth... seemed like it would take a long time to perfect... I decided to go with ULead instead... Very easy to figure out over night....

but in all fairness, I didnt really give vegas a fair chance, just gave up!!!

vegas is good but its help is bad
    I wish editstudio and vegas share their good things.

As another person looking into video editing software, I am going to either get Vegas or Pinnacle, and don't know which to choose. I was wondering if Vegas can convert Quicktime to WMP files and if it has a Voice Recording option to make dialouge clearer.

I have a lot of experience with Windows Movie Maker and a good amount with iMovie. Is it worth it? And is it better then Pinnacle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast