Thread: PUTTING ONTO DVD

Default PUTTING ONTO DVD

Hi,

Very new to this editing malarky, I have edited 4 miniDV's with a simple PC package and put them back onto the miniDV they come off, just wanted to know where I can get them put onto dvd as I have no DVD burner on my PC, obviously for a fee??????

Please help?

Craig
    HELP ME I AM CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Default

For what a half-decent DVD burner and some blank DVD's will cost you, you'd be just as well to buy that rather than pay for someone to do it for you, especially if you plan to use it again in the future.

If you do want to find someone else to do it though, just flick through the Yellow Pages. I went to someone a while back to get a Mini-DV tape converted to DVD as my camera was out for repair. Cost me 15, and I know it would have been an extra 10 per tape after that. If you have 4 tapes, it could be costly, and I still say you're better off getting a burner. It's not difficult, and there's free software out there that will let you make a DVD from your tapes easy enough.

They're cheap as chips now - I saw one advertised recently (www.svpcommunications.co.uk?) for less than 20. Go on - you know it makes sense.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...