Thread: The best way to lip sync a music promo?

Default The best way to lip sync a music promo?

Hi Folks,

What would you say would be the best way to lip sync a music video using Prem Pro for the final editing?

I did think of just using a CD player for the music and then recording the footage whilst it plays in the background. As there would be any number of cuts and takes in the video any speed difference between the CD and the PCs final mix would be negligable.

How would you do it?

Hi there

Here is how i have done it in the past.

With production cd music ei music of a cd:-
    Shooting a live gig is hard enough as it is, getting the music from a good mixing desk is sometimes imposible. So i put the cd version of the song the band were playing over the live audio. Now as you may or may not know bands tend to play a bit faster live, so if you sink the first 5 or 6 secs then go to the end of the song 9 times out of 10 the audio will be out of sink with the band. Basically all i did was play around with the speed tool in PP to sink the ending. Its not perfect but its pretty close.

With live footage audio

This is great sink all cameras together use one audio, normally the feed from the mixing desk and there you have it.

If this is a production video i would use playback making sure the camera picks the audio up and then sink the cd music with the camera shots. Sinking the different camera angles together is the hard and time consuming part, but i would lie all the video tracks on top of each other and then sink the bottom one and work my way up.

Hope this isn't too long winded and helps

Hi there

Shooting a live gig is hard enough as it is, getting the music from a good mixing desk is sometimes imposible. So i put the cd version of the song the band were playing over the live audio. Now as you may or may not know bands tend to play a bit faster live, so if you sink the first 5 or 6 secs then go to the end of the song 9 times out of 10 the audio will be out of sink with the band. Basically all i did was play around with the speed tool in PP to sink the ending. Its not perfect but its pretty close.

With live footage audio

This is great sink all cameras together use one audio, normally the feed from the mixing desk and there you have it.

If this is a production video i would use playback making sure the camera picks the audio up and then sink the cd music with the camera shots. Sinking the different camera angles together is the hard and time consuming part, but i would lie all the video tracks on top of each other and then sink the bottom one and work my way up.

Hi there

With live footage audio

Hi there

With live footage audio

That's brilliant thanks.