Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Results-

Default Results-

andy's video with-5 votes

Blue screen scene-5 votes

CSIB with-6 votes

and that means the winner is....Misty nate with hope with NINE points.
    Misty I will e-mail you later.
    Thanks to all thoose who entered a video thanks to Marc for hosting and lots of other cool stuff (he is in my good books ) If there's any more suggestions for comp's then pm me and i will see.
    Cheers for all the support and votes!

I think you owe some of us an explanation Luke.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...13_sectionid/6 quite clearly shows different results to those quoted.

So what's going on then Luke?

In included the results i got via e-mail.

how? It looks like you simply counted the number of votes for each entry.

Did it not occur to you that the voting scheme being viewed by everyone was actually a weighting scheme. I voted for everyone except myself but it doesn't mean I considered them all even.

I appreciate it's not obviously easy on how best to reconcile the two voting mechanisms but I am genuinely wondering on how you did it.

I may well just be coming across as a sore loser but I've been watching the voting going on with a smile on my face and then I get confronted with the results you just quoted. It's like being asked to give your Oscar back!!

I'm beginning to take this very personally I'm afraid. I got shafted royally on the last comp, which I think I took very well considering. I was just about in the lead running neck and neck and then, after no voting at all for nearly a week someone comes along on the last day and deliberately votes me two 1's pulling my average score right down. Clearly a case a strategic voting. No doubt someone thought they were doing the eventual winner a favour.

Needless to say, I'm feeling 'shafted' again here and would at least like an explanation.

Seems quite strange also that "A Simpson's Xmas" had a download count of 3 but got 4 votes

Ok well im affaid I don't no what to do. Shall i stick with the e-mailed results or do i stick with the forums results. Sorry if ive upset you but is there much I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeD
    Ok well im affaid I don't no what to do. Shall i stick with the e-mailed results or do i stick with the forums results. Sorry if ive upset you but is there much I can do?
    Well, the results stand of course. No way I would want you to change anything. I'm just curious about how things were calculated. So then, how did you do it?

Added what the forum results said to what the e-mail results said....Which was probbley a stupid thing to do. PS check your PM's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shiner
    Seems quite strange also that "A Simpson's Xmas" had a download count of 3 but got 4 votes
    I've actually had that downloaded 22 times in total from my site. But it is also on the front page of the site too and I'm not sure how many are via the forum. It was also of course posted from Luke's site and probably downloaded from there several times too. I'm not fussed. I don't mind not winning. Much. Dammit.

Blog Entries

I had a feeling it might end in tears with the voting arrangements (or lack of ) being the way they were. Never mind, it's the taking part that counts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast