Thread: Stop-Animation, how about....

Default Stop-Animation, how about....

Okay,

Just a quick question, that i'll probably try out tomorrow, but i just wanna see what other people think of it, or have to say about it.

What I want to do, if have a person sorta walk towards the camera, but it's gonna have to look like it was done in stop-animation. Since I'm a one man crew, and very lazy....Couldn't I just walk towards the camera, record it, take that and put it on my computer, then just cut into pieces, and piece it together, and still get that "Stop-Animation Effect" ??

Thanks

Any other suggestions are welcomed too
    PEaaaaaaaaace

Depending on what software you use, you could import the footage of walking towards the camera, then render it at a lower frame rate, maybe 12 or 15 fps. Then you could import it back in, and run it at whatever your project is running, and it would look choppy. I think that might work.

Peace
    Chain Lube

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Lube
    Depending on what software you use, you could import the footage of walking towards the camera, then render it at a lower frame rate, maybe 12 or 15 fps. Then you could import it back in, and run it at whatever your project is running, and it would look choppy. I think that might work.

Peace
    Chain Lube
    Ya, right on, ill give that a try too...Sounds pretty good.

Also I found out, i can export each frame of the video clip as a .jpeg imange, so I could just export a million photo's delete a few...mix'em up and BAM, that could work....I'll test them tomorrow.
    PEaaaaaaaaace

The traditional method of stop motion a la King Kong 1933 (or whatever year it was) was to shoot one or two frames and then move the model by a minute amount and then shoot again. Thats all you need to give you fluid movement, but take the movements you are going to take towards the camera in very, very small steps. You don't need hundreds of frames.