Thread: 28 frames per minute!!!!!!!

Default 28 frames per minute!!!!!!!

:cry:
    I posted a query on 14 March under software but I now feel that I have a hardware problem! My initial objective is to transfer my SVHSC tapes to DVD. I do own a camcorder at the moment.
    My set up: M/B ECS K7S5A Athlon XP1900(1600gh) Maxtor GB HDD(GB free and defragged)
    M RAM Video AGP 4 Radeon 7000 USB 2 PCI card
    Video Capture via Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2 DVD creator set to capture PAL S video. I have tried both bundled software Ulead VideoStudio 6SE and Windows Movie Maker but get the same results which is why I am leaning towards hardware problem or something wrong with my set up.

I desperately need some sort of check list to work through so that I can isolate the problem. Hoping for an early reply as I have so little hair left to lose!
    bry

Default 28 frames per minute

I have noticed that some numbers are missing
    80Gb HDD 67Gb free and defragged. 512Mb
    bry

As well as the numbers, it seems you also forgot to say what the actual problem is too!!!!!!

After a dig around in the other forum to find out what we are talking about...

Might be the ffact that you're capturing as MPEG1. I capture my analogue tapes into avi files in real time. I suspect that the MPEG encoding is not happening in real time and it;s only proceeding to the next frame when the last is encoded. Hence the awfully slow frame rate.

See what other capture settign you have available.

I am using AVI and am only capturing 28 frames per minute against the setting of 25 frames per second
    bry

I have solved my own problem! Having tried using a friend's PC with the same results I analyzed my findings. In the end I discovered that the Belkin HiSpeed DVD Creator does not seem to like USB Hubs. I plugged into my USB2 card and had instant success. I am posting this for the benefit of any other poor souls like me!
    bry