Thread: render is slow in studio 8

Default render is slow in studio 8

I have a Targa laptop that came with studio 8 in oct 2003. My first attempts at making a dvd was fraught to say the least and not having a endless supply of time I have been dipping in to it for the last two years.
    I now have some free time due to ill health and have been able master the main stumbling blocks. (deleting all old files,disc clean up, defrag before each project,download latest patch and keeping heads clean on my sony DCR-TRV25E) This week I put hand in pocket once more to buy a Western Digital 320g USB 7200 with 8mg cache. I expected this faster drive using a usb2 port would head to faster rendering and burning but the average time for a 1hr dvd is 5hrs (which reminds me of the first novice stumbling block the power saving opps needed to be reset.) is there anything I can do to speed this up.

I have a Q about best media to last a life time what forum should I use.
    Plymouth uk
    Targa laptop, mobil amd athlon xp-m 2500+
    sp2 856mhz, 512mb, mobility radeon 9600
    int/DVD+RW RW8160, Weston Digital 320g USB2 hdd, Studio8 with latest patch

Blog Entries

To be honest 5 hours to produce a one hour DVD on a 3 year old laptop sounds about right...

As for the media to last you a life time. Being honest again, it's unlikely they will. DVDs will scratch and have a finite shelf life before the data will be lost. It's a case of having to store your memories on the best available format, then transfer once the next biggest and best storage comes along!