Thread: Studio 8 hates Premier

Default Studio 8 hates Premier

I am using Pinnacle Studio 8.6 and my capture card is and analogue S-Video and stereo jack combination.

I can capture video perfectly well. I can edit and I can create all manner of output formats.

The main area of concern with Studio is that It will not let me get any footage into Adobe Premier. If i render the entire footage as either an AVI or MPEG and try to import that in Premier, I get errors about a non compatible compression format.

Does anyone know how to get footage captured in Studio across to Premier for editing?

www.tinangel.co.uk

It's a codec thing. Premiere doesn't do MPEG very well.
    So:
    If you capture with Studio from analog sources (using S-Video or Composite), export as M-JPEG AVI, using the provided codec (Pegasys). If you capture digital (via Firewire) DV is the only way to go.
    There are standard procedures here, don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just keep it simple and everything will work out.