Thread: Help please: Premiere Elements won't install

Default Help please: Premiere Elements won't install

Just bought PE2.0 and can't install it. I get past the language selection screen and get a message saying:

"AutoPlay has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

That's it, I can't get any further.

I have all the right system requirements a except maybe Sonic DLA 4.9 is an issue but I'm not sure. I have XP Professional, 512 MB Ram, 111 Gb disc, P4.

I have tried switching off Mcaffee but still no good.

Can anyone help?

in the new system req's for adobe's new software they are not kidding around with anything. if you dont touch those specs, you dont touch the software... i suggest getting whatever you do not have!
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

OK but as far as I can tell I am meeting all the specs. Do you happen to know whether Sonic DLA would cause a problem? The spec for PE just states a "compatible DVD burner required to burn DVDs".

if it's the "auto play" that is having a bad day then can't you just run the setup.exe off the disk manually?

I tried that too but I get a message saying:"The wizard was interrupted before Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 could be completely installed". I've looked on the Windows event log and kind find the relevant message which is

"Product: Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 -- Installation operation failed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

When I submit this and try to go the microsoft site for more info, the link fails.

I'm probably being stupid but I don't really know where to look or who to speak to now. Can't get any help from Adobe until I register the software, which I don't think I can do until it's installed.

I'm guessing this is probably a Windows installer problem but I've never had a problem with any other applications, so I wondered if it was something PE is fussy about.

The adobe website has a user forum with a search facility. Have a look through there and see if anyone else has had the same problems.

You should still be able to get help from Adobe, before installation, but they may charge you for help.

Try this thread on the Adobe Premiere Elements forum:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w...47@.3bbe7a57/0

Post no. 13 may help you out. Also, someone there says that Adobe don't charge for installation help.

I have the same problem - but in my case I know the cause.

The computer processor must have SSE2 support - my 2 year old Athlon 2200+ lacks this feature so the software will not instal.

I need to upgrade my hardware and have posted a thread in the relevant section of this forum.