Thread: Camcorder Opinions....

Default Camcorder Opinions....

i posted a topic earlier about the Sony HDR-HC1, i am considering purchasing the HDR-HC1, but i was also looking into getting another MiniDV camcorder as well. I want a simple minidv camcorder that picks up well for night filming, and has a really nice picture. By any chance does anyone know a camcorder that looks good on big screen televisions? I have no idea if any of these questions are stupid, if so thanks for dealing with my stupidity.

It's not a stupid question at all. If you want a simple Mini DV that will look good on a big screen then do yourself a favour and avoid the Samsung VPD 351. I wouldn't use it as a webcam it's that bad.

Also avoid buying from Argos because they don't honour your rights as a consumer if you're not happy with the quality of the image.

Blog Entries

I bought a Sony PC106 mini-dv palmcorder, which is now an old (12 months, positively ancient in video years) model and can be picked up cheaply all over the place.
    Much though I'd like to slag Sony down, the camcorder's great, all sorts of manual overrides, astoundingly good pictures in low-light and the lens survives larger telly screens remarkably well. I can recommend it.

ok cool, thanks for the input, anyone else have any opinions?

I would like an HC1... seems cool enough for 2006...
    Really now it's a great consumer camera. And HDV is future-proof.

Blog Entries

I should think the sony will do everything you will need, just buy that camera. If you have the cash get the pro version, well I would.

sorry double post

I considered an HC1 and having read the blurb and stuff was almost convinced until I picked 1 up for demo.

It does produces great results, but why oh why does sony insist on these touch screens. Very cool and geeky but totally impractical.

The most fragile part of the camera and they force you to put fingers all over it, this also means you can't change settings on the fly, and the lack of manual adjustment was disapointing too.

I'm sorry to sound negative, I love sony gear, the vx2100 is fantastic and the low end stuff Is probably better than most, my mate has an old trv 120 Digi8 that still produces good results.

I realise the HC1 is aimed at comsumer point and shoot market.

If it was't for the touch screen I would probably have 1.

I secretly loved it. (but don't tell anyone)

Touchscreen sucks, indeed... but Sony seems to like it a lot, they've put it in every one of their latest consumer/prosumer camcorders.