Thread: premiere pro 1.5 problem, pls help

Default premiere pro 1.5 problem, pls help

i'm running premiere pro 1.5 off a new pc with a matrox rx100 collection capture card, i'm merely trying to start off by making a dvd of a friends hoilday video tapes, from mini dv, it captures manualy fine, but in play back will not play in normal speed video, is very blocky and almost looks as running at 4 frames a second etc, i really don't know what the problem is or where to start looking etc, anyone with any ideas or tips,
    much appreciated

regards

mark wallace

Explain in detail exactly what you did to capture your video. What s/w and settings etc.

The RT.X100 is great at this. The whole point is to edit yor SD video in realtime and not at 1/5th speed.

Just to check did you press enter??

Luke, if he did things right, then he doesn't need to render. That's the whole point of the Matrox card. But it all depend on how he did the capture and to what format and codec.

hi thanks for the reply, the matrox card comes with a hub which has audio and video in and outputs, its the white, red and yellow, the latter being video etc and i manually recorded video in on all the highest settings from what i can see, but not sure what they are, was 4:3 pal but thats all i know, i've tried to render too but after about 20 minutes it says program not responding, at about 2.5% of about 3 hours of video, but i'm not sure why that happened.
    i'll check my settings tonight to try give you specs etc for details

cheers

mark wallace

Make sure you captured to AVI from your analogue source and not to MPEG2. If you captured MPEG2 then you will likely encounter all sorts of problems using it in Premiere - if you even can at all.

Also, make sure that, if you captured to Matrox AVI that your Premiere Pro project started from a Matrox preset or you'll get nowhere also.

cheers i'll give that one a try mate and see what happens, is it worth while aborting and starting from scratch, re capturing also

Quote Originally Posted by marktheoccasion
    cheers i'll give that one a try mate and see what happens, is it worth while aborting and starting from scratch, re capturing also
    What I suggested is not "worth a try" to get the most from the RT.X100 card. It's an absolute pre-requisite.

thanks seems to of sorted things out

cheers