Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing with time

Default Playing with time

Can anyone please tell me how I can progressively slow down time to a stop, i.e. someone walking then just slows to a stop in mid stride.

I'm competent-ish with Premiere (using Pro 1.5) and have After Effects 7 though just got it and have no clue how to use it. Most I have done is use timewarp to speed things up incredibly.

You will not be able to progressively change speed in Premiere that I know of ( at least you can't with 1 and 1.5), without an external plugin like twixtor. Use the time remapping capabilities of AE.

As above, time remapping in AE is the way to go.

You can fudge it in PPro by cutting the beginning of the clip in to several clips and increasing the speed on all of them gradually until you get to the speed you require.

ok thanks but can you tell me how to actually do it in AE please?

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy_UK
    ok thanks but can you tell me how to actually do it in AE please?
    When I had a play with this I found the online help page for this function more than useful. It explains things far better than I ever could.

It will take time though (no pun intended) because as soon as you start adjusting the time, then the frame you might want to sync to is no longer where you thought it was - if you take my meaning.

You may have sorted your problem, but this may help

It's not excactly comprehensive and is a bit rushed (sorry)

http://www.kidspc.bits-uk.com/videos...ing800x600.wmv

To speed video up is the opposite just make the lines steeper. just pull the bezier handles around to soften the effect more, but generally I find it best to just stick with the default bezier interpolation.

That video was great mate thanks!!! Will be messing about with that!

Is the actual timewarp effect much good itself or do you not bother with it?

It is a good effect, and can really add impact to a clip, but don't use it just cos you can, it becomes very tedious very quick like most effects and adds blur to your vid.

It is good for live action like motorcyle stunts, car stunts, crashes, slowing to freeze frame or if your remaking the matrix.

It tends to work best if camera is set to a slightly higher shutter speed as then the captured video has less motion blur to start with.

I have had a go with it and am not getting a great result with what Im trying to achieve.

I have a clip of moving traffic which I want to speed up incredibly, i.e. cars just buzzing about, then freeze frame, but not shaprly so it comes to a smooth but fast halt, much like in the simulator in Matrix when they cross the road. I assume it will be to do with the bezel keyframe thing, but can you give any more pointers?

thanks

you don't have to slow the clip between 2 keyframes try adding more to slow it gradually and produce a longer arc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast