Thread: Auto Repeating Titles

Default Auto Repeating Titles

I'm a little new to this stuff, and I need a little direction. I'd appreciate it if someone with a little more expertise would tell me what I have to do. Here's my problem :

I have many videoclips that have a maximum play time of 15-20 seconds, all I need to do is to have them auto-repeat (loop) until I press the next button on the remote or just press stop and return to menu. Which program to use for this kind of authoring ?

Probably any DVD authoring package will let you do this. I use Adobe Encore (not the cheapest though) nd this would be considered basic functionality within it so I assume all would be capable.

Blog Entries

...and the same for DVD Architect (Sony), which I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media
    ...and the same for DVD Architect (Sony), which I use.
    Ok then. So basically, you built timeoines of video in your DVD authoring package. Each timeline will have a number of properties. Two are of particular interest to you.

1) End action - i.e. what shall i do when this particular timeline finihses playing. You will have options to return to menu called from, go to a specific menu, and auto play another timeline. The last is the kicker. Simply set it to auto play the same timeline again.

2) Enable menu Button - Set it to 'Yes' so that the menu button on your remote control is enabled while the timeline is playing. You would only normally set this to 'no' if you were Disney and wanted to force people to sit through ads for other DVDs before they could watch the movie they wanted to see.

Thank you for your help.

Project Finished but...

It seems that the "End Action" does actually do the trick as promised but the loop point is highly noticable, the video freezes for 1" (more or less) before it starts over. You can actually hear the DVD mechanism spinning fast to return the laserhead back.

I believe there is no solution to that. :(

that happens to be because the dvd players do not cache this data (as it is a very high bitrate) and it needst to go the the beginning of the clip, (somewhere like a 16th of an inch away sometimes, depending on how far it is, and the video will freeze, untill it hits there......
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

I can only suggest that you hide the transition in same way. i.e. a fade to black at the end of the loop sequence and a fade in at the start of the sequence. It might not be so obvious then.