Thread: I think im Retarted...but I'm not sure

Default I think im Retarted...but I'm not sure

Hey All,

Ya, if you clicked on this thread for the interest of what might be in it because of the name, then Good !

Alright, Quality is my problem. I've got a question about it, Would the camera I use effect the quality of the video I compress? (EX: Say I shoot some video with a GL2, then I want to post it on the web, so I compress it to say 10MB, would the quality be degraded so much that is looks like crap. But if I shoot the same video with say, A Elura 60 compress it again to 10MB, would the quality be different, because of the camera?)

If you understood that, congratulations!!!! If you didn't, ask me a few quetions.

Thanks

-Bill
    PEaaaaaaaaace

Blog Entries

There would be little point in using a better camera if the footage is only to be webcast highly compressed, however many more expensive cameras are nicer to use and may help the camera bod to get better shots in the first place.

BTW, what does 'retarted' (sic) mean....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    There would be little point in using a better camera if the footage is only to be webcast highly compressed, however many more expensive cameras are nicer to use and may help the camera bod to get better shots in the first place.

BTW, what does 'retarted' (sic) mean....
    Ya, your are definitely right that there is little point in using a better camera for a webcast. But that is not my case, well at least I don't think so...

Right now, I'm starting up a website to show-off my MTB video's (I know its no director's cut movie), but I would like to be able to post monthly video's/Teasers on my website, and have them in reasonable high quality.

What I've noticed through other people's website, is they have there Teaser in ".mov" format at about 10MB, and there quality is awesome!, but whenever I try that with my video's, the quality is shit...So I'm trying to find out how to make the quality really good, but not have the file be 1GB.

Thanks

-Bill
    PEaaaaaaaaace

Blog Entries

On my web site I use wmv. Better codec I think and plays full screen for all. DVD quality can be had at 1.5mbit / sec, good at 1mbit, acceptable at 500kbit/sec. The encoder is free from msoft.

Blog Entries

I tend to use 600kbps video bitrate using a two pass encode for the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    On my web site I use wmv. Better codec I think and plays full screen for all. DVD quality can be had at 1.5mbit / sec, good at 1mbit, acceptable at 500kbit/sec. The encoder is free from msoft.
    Alrighty then. So, to play the video's on my website at a good quailty I would need a "Encoder?"
    PEaaaaaaaaace

Blog Entries

Yes, you need to encode your video to a suitable format for web distribution. Perhaps one of the cheapest and easiest ways of doing this is to use Window Movie Maker to spit out a WMV file from your video. WMM will be on any XP maichine already,

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Yes, you need to encode your video to a suitable format for web distribution. Perhaps one of the cheapest and easiest ways of doing this is to use Window Movie Maker to spit out a WMV file from your video. WMM will be on any XP maichine already,
    Okay, I get ya! I only have one little problem, I'm not on Windows XP machine, I'm on a MAC. Would you know any encoders for a MAC?
    PEaaaaaaaaace