Thread: Audio Upmixing not allowed. Cancel Operation Error - PE2

Default Audio Upmixing not allowed. Cancel Operation Error - PE2

I got this error when trying to burn a DVD with Titles, scene markers and some looping audio. The weird part is that I could burn it successfully before adding one more small clip. I am just not sure what is causing the problem--or how to identify the offending audio. I hate these kinds of error msgs that leave you no clue as to the issue or what to do about it.

Any one have any ideas?

Default Re: Audio Upmixing not allowed. Cancel Operation Error - PE2

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall
    I got this error when trying to burn a DVD with Titles, scene markers and some looping audio. The weird part is that I could burn it successfully before adding one more small clip. I am just not sure what is causing the problem--or how to identify the offending audio. I hate these kinds of error msgs that leave you no clue as to the issue or what to do about it.

Any one have any ideas?
    I've got this when trying to export as wmv. one of the wmv presets I tend to start with default to (from memory) 9.1 Pro sound. I have to set it to 9.1 (without the pro) to avoid this error.

So check your audio options.

I've got this when trying to export as wmv. one of the wmv presets I tend to start with default to (from memory) 9.1 Pro sound. I have to set it to 9.1 (without the pro) to avoid this error.

So check your audio options.
    I will check and thanks.

A few weird things, I should add.
    First, I had already burnt the DVD with the music on the menu screens, THEN added a clip, THEN tried to reburn. The weird part, and I don't know if you had a similar result, was that Elements went ahead and burned the DVD. Only, the looping audio no longer played, and I hadn't changed those songs.

This is what doesn't make sense--there was no 'setting' manipulation and it had already worked once properly.

The 2 things I did differently were:
    1) I imported a new audio clip of about 3 seconds of narration that I created in Audacity and saved, I believe, as a wma file (but not at home and can't check)
    2) Ripped a scene from a DVD movie and added about 5 seconds.

Still, all of the actual video and audio on the clips themselves worked fine--even the newer stuff.

Baffling

There looks to an apparent software glitch in Adobe Premiere Elements 2 that is causing this to happen occassionally. There are a couple of threads on Adobe's forum that are addressing it, but no solution yet. Had to export my clips from one project as AVIs and pull them into a new project. Then added main menu and scene markers with audio and everything burnt just fine.

Try outputting uncompressed. Then open a new Premiere project and import the uncompressed movie so you just have one long clip that is your completed movie. Then ouput to whatever format and with whatever compression you want.

See if that works.

This was basically the workaround that I ended up having to use. I exported the project in 3 avi clips, importing those into a new project. Added chapter titles with music on the relevant dvd menu screens and burnt the dvd. No problem with this one.

I am actually "helping' Adobe look into the issue - so they are aware of it but haven't yet pinned down the problem.

Thanks for the advice.

Now if I can just figure out the reverse field dominance thing...

Does WMM require reversing field dominance on some mpegs that it can use???? Does it even have the ability to do that???

The learning continues