Thread: After Effects and Particle Illusion

Default After Effects and Particle Illusion

i have after effects 6.5 and particle illusion 3 also premirere pro, i want to ask, like, when i bring my video into particle illusion and i add whtever effect lets say like the fire one, it looks perfect, its kind of hard to edit in particle illusion, its easier in AE, but if i import the fire effect into after effects, i have to set the mode of it to add or screen, the fire is kind of see through when i make the mode add or screen, it doesn't look that good, i tried lighten but it really doesn't look good, wht should i do?

Default Re: After Effects and Particle Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by FuryX721
    wht should i do?
    Start by reading this. http://www.wondertouch.com/tutorials...CNIA/cnia.html

It covers, in basic terms the blend modes you need in Aftre effects to get the right look for both intense and non-intense particles from particleIllusion.

then, if that and the restof the articles on the Wondertouch site do not give you all you need ( and they should for now) then you need to invest in http://www.pillusionfusion.com/home.html

This is the single definitive source for integrating PI3 with AE.

i saw the top link, it didn't work that well, wht is the particlefusion thing? is it a dvd or a program? i don't wanna buy yet, is there anyother way i can fix this problem?

Curious, that article is all about putting smoke (and flame) over a video clip. Smoke is supposed to be see-thru. If you're not careful you'll get colour fringing which is to be avoided.

What are you doing that's different to that article then?

And the ParticleIllusion Fusion thing is a comprehensive (or so I'm told) DVD for showing just about all there is to know about combinign PI3 and AE in your work flow.

yea i know tha tsmoke is supposed to be see through, but the fire is also see through, is it supposed to be see through?

OK. I guess we better make sure your workflow is correct. you should be....

taking a quick export of your movie clip - stretching it out for widescreen if necessary.
    import this into your PI3 project as you background.
    Set your particle emmitters and keyframe them as necessary.
    Remove the background clip in PI
    Make final render/export from PI3 to a series of stills with alpha channel.
    open your AE project.
    place clip (oroginal footage) on layer 1.
    import the rendered stills (from PI3) as a clip into AE.
    Place on layer 2.
    Set blend mode of PI3 layer to 'luminescent premultiply'

In short, as far as I can tell, you should be follwoing methof 1 in the tutorial. That contains both fire and smoke. I the tutorial, the fire is see thru so I guess it;s supposed tobe, yes.

Of course, the tutorial is trying to give the best of both worlds. I thnk for best results you really want two PI3 projects, one for the fire and another for the smoke so that they can be given different blend options in AE. i think that's the only way of gettign see thru smoke but not fire.

nice idea, im gonna try that, but, if i save that as images, i will have like 50 jpg, thts no problem, the prob is that when i import all the jpgs in AE, the time of each is probably like 2 sec each or more or less, how do i make it all 30 fps? if u know how to do in premirer also tel lthat, thnks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FuryX721
    nice idea, im gonna try that, but, if i save that as images, i will have like 50 jpg, thts no problem, the prob is that when i import all the jpgs in AE, the time of each is probably like 2 sec each or more or less, how do i make it all 30 fps? if u know how to do in premirer also tel lthat, thnks!!!
    Do not export as JPG. Use a lossless format. You will get a still picture for each frame of your movie and they will all be numbered. In Ae, you select the first numbered still for import and there is an option for importing the entire set but as a movie clip. It merges them all together for you on the fly.

Respectfully, you really should go back and read that tutorial properly you know. All this stuff is in there. All my posts, here, in this thread, are regurgutations of that tutorial.

i read the aritlce before like 2 or 3 weeks ago, i was doing something else so i didn't pay that much attention to it, now everything is working as planned, thnks for ur help!!!