Thread: Editing software

Default Editing software

I mainly shoot family tryp video, birthdays ebents etc. I have always used Premier Elements to edit my movies.

However there is a bug with version 1 of Elements where if you have a dual core CPU the application crashes when capturing the movie.

I have upgraded to version 2 to get around this problem but now Elements refuses to see my DVD burner. i have spoken to Adobe tech support and they confirm that this is also a known issue but with no fix available at the moment.

What would you reccomend as an alternative.

Thanks

Premiere Elements is supposed to be pretty good. Do you get on with it for editing? If so then does it have the option tobuild a DVD image to your hard drive. If so then just use that. Then you can use a bespoke burning application (I use Nero) to actually cut the disk itself.

I prefer this route as I then have a copy of the DVD on my HDD and I can burn as many copies as I want at leisure.

Its just the burning issue which is the problem, its just annoying that i paid 50 to fix one problem and then end up with another problem!

I can use all the other features of Elements no problem.

Thanks

Do you have soemthignlike Nero for burning or copying disks? If so then if Premiere Elements can burn the DVD disk image (VIDEO_TS folder) to your HDD) then you can by-pass the limitation it has.

This is my workflow using Adobe Encore. I have little doubt it works fine but I always build the VIDEO_TS folder on my HDD and do the burn in NERO.

Alan,
    I found this thread quite interesting, I have just obtained Nero (my wife had it with her computer I've just found out) do you export your timeline to Mpeg 2 and use that in Nero to burn the DVD, at the moment I make DVD in Prem Elements 1, but the menu is a bit limiting so would like to use Nero, I could export the timeline to AVI or Mpeg2. Perhaps you could suggest, .....would be most grateful.
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Blog Entries

Alan was refering to burning the disc only with Nero. He does all his authoring within Encore, but burns the image he creates using Nero.

Thank you Mark
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.