Thread: Can't view video when importing AVI file into Adobe Encore.

Default Can't view video when importing AVI file into Adobe Encore.

Hi, Iím new to the seen and would really like your help. Iíve searched everywhere for an answer.

I have just recently started using Adobe encore, previously using Nero 7 to burn my AVI files to a DVD. I had no problems with Nero, everything worked perfectly. But when I started using Encore (To add multi menu function), after I ďimport asĒ my AVI file, I canít pull it to the timeline. I also noticed that in the little preview screen of Encore (top left corner) it says ďAudioĒ, and when I press the play button, I can only hear the audio and see no video.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

J

How did you create the AVI file? If you double click on the AVI files in Windows does it play ok in Media Player?

Default same problem

i am having the same problem importing an AVI file. It was captured on another program as the source is analog tape, and when imported into CS3, the audio plays, the video appears in the timeline, but the picture is blank. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the source file or if CS3 just can't read the video information. It plays fine in AVS and Windows Media Player.

any tips would be much appreciated!

always, always, always with AVI issues, find out what the FOURCC is and thus what codec the file uses. AVI is just a container, not a codec. You can use AVIC or abcAVI to do this as well as many editors. If we know the fourcc we can maybe help. First step would be to look up the fourcc on www.FOURCC.org - Video Codecs and Pixel Formats

Secondly, with an AVI, you can generally chop a bit out without re-encoding so you can post a sample on the net so we can replicate the issue. I found a really good freeware one the other night, but it is on my pc at home, I can let you know where to get it if you like.

Also, as a previous poster said, what generated the AVI file?