Thread: FireBall

Default FireBall

i wanted to know, like in movies with fireballs, like, u see the persons holding a fireball, i know how to make that, but, when he turns his hand and the back of his hand is facing the camera, the fireball is on the other side of his hand, how do u make ur hand show and little bit of the fireball show around ur fingers? i hope i explained it right. Thanks!!!

i wanted to add, i have photoshop, preimere pro, and aftereffect, also i have particle illusion 3.0

The principals are the same no matter what s/w you use.

In PI3 you generate your fireball over the top of your background and then add blockers to see the correct portions of the person's hands.

This is the tutorial you need to show how to add blockers to make an emmitter go behind something.

http://www.wondertouch.com/tutorials..._01/around.htm

yea i saw that before, its a good tutorial but i wanna make the fireball go behind my hand which is moving because its a movie, i can't import the video into PI, how would i do this?

Export as a frame.

well there r 2 problems, i can't import anything, it says unexpected file format, its a jpg. and other problem is, like, if i import as frame, then i would have to import everyframe, and then the saving, should i save as jpg, or someting else, and if jpg, i will have to make the frames play quickly like around 60 frames per second, i don't know how to do that in premiere, i tried doing that but i couldn't, plus the video looked bad when i got it once,there should be another way of doing this, it should be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryX721
    yea i saw that before, its a good tutorial but i wanna make the fireball go behind my hand which is moving because its a movie, i can't import the video into PI, how would i do this?
    Import the movie as abckground as follows:

move the mouse to the Layer in questions. this is top left and you should see 'layer 0' on apink background.
    right click in there and select the 'background Image' option and then specify your video.

Hmm, I see where your coming from witht he moving hand issue. I haven't look ed at it for a while but that tutorial assumes a static object doesn't it? It adjusts the emitter properties doesn't it?

Ok, so add a blocker (or several if necessary) around the bits of the hand to rpeserve and just keyframe it to move it and/or change shape frame by frame if necessary. It will take a little while though I suspect.