Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting Video Clips onto the Computer

Default Putting Video Clips onto the Computer

Hi, I was recently given a JVC GR-D240 digital video camera. With it I recieved all the basics: Your first few tapes, a useless instructions manual, The USB cables that not only don't fit the camera but don't work on the computer and of course the camera itself. After a few weeks of pondering which Cable goes where to get it onto the Computer I realised I had to buy a Firewire Port and a Firewire. I've set it all up but now I've come to an even bigger problem
    I can watch videos on my camera, I can plug in my camera and start watching videos and they will come up on the screen, I can plug it in and take photos off my camera nad put them on the PC but I can't plug my camera in and take video clips off of it and put them on the computer... Infact it doesn't even register that I have videos on there excapt for when I'm watching them!

I'm really pulling my hair out over this and at 14 that's not very good! Please I need some help with this

What are you using to watch them, try opening Windows Movie Maker (should be in accesories, comes with windows) then click on capture video...

You say it doesn't say there are any videos clips there? What you need to do is "capture" which basically means playing your tapes to your computer. What software are you using? If WMM then you need to go “Capture from video device” select your camera then it should start automatically.

Could you describe in a bit more detail becasue I don't completely understand

[EDIT]

Ok I understand now I had to re-read it. Thanks a bundle! It worked perfectly!

Current Movie: Bite Me!

You're 14 and you're doing mod stuff? Way cooooool! Got a parka? - and a copy of Quadrophenia? And a Stevie Marriott haircut?
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

haha Yes I do have a parka I'm a skin head, I have just about every Madness, The Jam, Ocean Colour Scene, The Specials, The Who (etc.) song ever written on my PC or on CD but I don't have a copy of Quadrophenia though it does look good...

I my area I've converted a group of people into mods... There's about 10 of us now we're all about 14ish

Mod's coming back in lol

Ah - a 'late period' mod. Still cool.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian in Northampton
    Still cool.
    Damn right

Like I said earlier the thing worked fine so I've been fiddling about with the first scene of "Bite Me"

Default JVC GR-D240 FIREWIRE PROBLEM

hI I'VE ALSO JUST BOUGHT A GR-D240 AND CAN'T GET MY PC TO RECOGNISE THAT THE CAMERA IS PLUGGED IN. DID ANONE GET A SOLUTION FOR THIS?? :(

Don't shout :P

Mine didn't register that it was plugged in either (as in coming up with the little message saying "New Device found")... if you open my computer and it shows a camera as a removable drive it means it knows it's plugged
    If not you probebly have the wrong sort of cable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast