Thread: Video becomes cropped when exporting to tape...

Default Video becomes cropped when exporting to tape...

hi, i can import my videos fine from my Digital Video camera but when I try and play the video back from Adobe Premier 7, the video comes up on my camera but it is cropped with a huge black border around the whole picture.

on the left is the original video(the way I want it to export) but on the right is what it comes out as on the tape any help is greatly appreciated.

Looks like the frame size in the project setting is greater than the frame size of your imported video. You can either zoom in on the footage or start a project with the correct framesize.

Of course, this may not be the problem!

yep it was the frame size. the video i am importing is 352x240 and it was set at 720x480. however I tried making a new project with the 352x240 frame size setting only to find that I can only make it those dimensions by choosing "video for windows" as the editing mode. if I choose "DV playback" as the editing mode the frame size boxes become gray and I am unable to change them from 720x480 hence I cannot export my 352x240 video to my camera at the correct frame size, I wouldnt suppose you have a way around this?

You can try this project I've just ammended:

click here (right click, select save as and ensure the extension is preserver as .prpreset)

Place it in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro\Settings\DV - NTSC and it will come up as a preset under DV NTSC. Howver, I've a feeling it may not let u export back to the camera still. why is ur video in a smaller frame size?

because the video im working with was captured from a hi-8 video camera a long time ago before I had digital video