Thread: Can't remember the name....

Default Can't remember the name....

I remember seeing a flyer (I believe it was from SONY) for a laptop NLE that could be used for capture/production/editing in the field. Does anybody know the model of this thing. I am basically looking to buy a turnkey system for remote events.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

It was probably just advertising blurb for one of the big vaio l tops. Nearly any big fat fast pricey laptop, mac or pc, could do what you need I reckon.

No. This thing had a custom keyboard layout that included a video switcher, video overlay for title graphics, etc.

Blog Entries

All I can find is this,
    http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/gimme...em=sony_pdw-v1

I dont think that is it, it is a very pro xdcam thingy that is too rich for the likes of us I expect.

Close but no cigar. I can't find it anywhere either. It might have been a marketing campaign for a product that never took off. Guess I'll never know. Thanks for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    All I can find is this,
    http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/gimme...em=sony_pdw-v1

I dont think that is it, it is a very pro xdcam thingy that is too rich for the likes of us I expect.
    heh, we have one of those exact same things at school, but i havent got to mess with it (we dont use the high end stuff until next year)
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com