Thread: Copying DVD Help!

Default Copying DVD Help!

Hello
    I have made a few dvds of video footage and pleased with them Adobe Elements 2.
    I have pinnacle 8 oem burning software and when I try to make copies using this the end result is quite poor with sticky scenes and broken images .
    Can u reccomend any good software for copying the dvds. I have only 1 dvd burner.

If I understand you correctly, you have made a master DVD which plays fine but when you run off copies from it the playback breaks up? Or is it that all copies break up?

Something like this could simply be down to the fact that you may be applying sticky labels to your DVD disks once you're burnt them. My experience is to NEVER EVER do this.

I do my video burning using Nero. I've neve made a coffee mat out of a blank DVD-R yet with it. When I create a DVD I build the disk image on my HDD and then use Nero to dothe burn. I do NOT typically, burn a master from my editing application and then use a disk-2-disk copy tool.

Also, the problem may also simply be down to incompatible media with your chosen DVD player. not all brands of DVD+-R will play on all DVD players.

Default Discs

Hello thanks for the repl. All the discs I have tried copying with pinnacle instant cd dvd arenot playing clearly breking up. Am I better ripping the DVD to hard drive and then burning to disc, how and what would you suggest for this.DVD copying is all new to me.

Thanks

Mark

Edit: upon request I am removing my reply in which I mistakenly assumed the poster was asking how to rip commercial DVDs.

Apologies.

Default Re Copying

This is for copying my own DVDs not anyone elses!.