Thread: Prem Pro 1.5 hangs whilst encoding... Any thoughts?

Default Prem Pro 1.5 hangs whilst encoding... Any thoughts?

Folks,

Has anyone else had the following problem in Prem Pro as I've had it twice and there doesn't seem to be any reason to it.

Whilst encoding my latest video with a run time of 1min 30secs using DV AVI the rendering process hung. So I tried again and again and again and each time it would hang at the same point.

Eventually I wittled the problem down to the Cross Disolves on the video track. I removed and re-added them. Same problem. I tried a different dissolve. Same problem.

I then tweaked the length of the video tracks a touch and re-applyed the original dissolve and everything was fine.

If you use the Adobe Media Encoder it's fine from the start without faffing round...

Why would this be and has anyone else had this?

Well, it could be anything really. I'm not saying I could give you a defintive answer even if you supplied all the information but it is likely a 'feature' of the particular combination of souce types, plugins and source count you are using.

For example. If I try to render more than 3 or 4 animated stills within some of my HDV footage, using a certain plugin I get 'unknonw errors' out of Premier Pro 2. My workaround is to render the timeline piece by piece. once rendered ok I can export fine.

This is not the same as your issue but I mention it as an example that it could be a combination ofmedai types, how many there are and the plugins used.

Cheers Alan.

Hmmm it is a bit of a sod that it happens as I'm not using any third party plugins and it's just the simple Dissolves that appear to cause this grief.

I like to encode using the Export to Movie as DV AVI and then compress using Windows Media Encoder to a WMV as it gives a better quality for some reason.

If any one else has experienced this then please contribute.

Is it HDV you are editing?

If so then, and you have a Matrix RT.X100 installed then my guess is that is your problem. I've heard of (and experienced firsthand :cry: ) conflicts between Cineform and Matrox. If that's theproblem though, I do have an answer.

No it's not HDV and I don't have that hardware.

Amazing as this might sound I'm using a Medion Laptop with 1GB of memory and it's fine in most cases for what I'm doing but just has this habit of hanging occasionally when rendering the dissolves.

Ah well, onwards and upwards - I'd have a big PC but I don't have the room. :(

Hi,

The fact you tweaked the length of the video clip, re-applied the transition and it worked, indicates there may have been a faulty frame in the clip

But in my experience of premiere, it just throws these things at you occasionally. Recently in an hour long project for a client it gave me this same thing on 3 frames in the timeline all on dissolves, cut 1 frame off the clips and it works

I put it down to being a premiere characteristic.