Thread: Question about DVD menus in NeroVision Express 3

Default Question about DVD menus in NeroVision Express 3

Hi there,

I have been creating home videos and exporting to DV in Pinnacle Studio 8 for some time. I've just installed a DVD burner, which came with the Nero 6 suite, with a view to compiling DVDs.

I've successfully created disc images of separate movies in Studio and brought them into NeroVision Express to create menus and chapters - and then burn. The problem is during playback: when it gets to the end of each movie - all separate files - it starts playing the next one, without returning to the disc menu. I want to be able to select playback for each one individually.

Is there a way of changing this? I can't see anything obvious. If the answer is that this is just a charming feature of NeroVision Express, is there another authoring package which would do what I want? In fact, while I've got your attention, should I be bothering with Nero at all, or is there a better solution anyway?

Thanks very much!!

Sarah.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

I've been using NVE 3 for about two years and never had this happen.
    But to test, I started a simple project with two movie clips.

First step, select Make a DVD

Second step, Add Movies

Once you've added all the movies to the menu, you can rename them by right mouse button clicking on each title and do a lot of other changes.

Then the third step is to start creating the main menu - Screen cap

This is where you can change the background, button styles, button animation, menu automation, add menu sound, Menu titles, enable chapters, etc. The only way I could get the symptom you described was to select 'Do Not Create A Menu'.

I suppose back in step two, you might have merged your movie titles, but that's not likely. To do this requires highlighting all clips and then clicking the merge titles button - Screen Cap

In this case the movies must play in sequence without returning to the menu.

Hope this short answer helps.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Default Case solved

Hi, thanks very much for your very detailed reply! I was doing everything exactly as you said. But I have actually managed to find out the answer elsewhere: I just needed to click on the More button when in the "Select Menu" screen, and it gives you some options regarding playback. Stupidly imho the default is set to 'play next title' rather than 'return to menu'.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Wow! Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that was there. I guess one of the previous versions of NVE I had installed set a different default for that.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70