Thread: Cutting a project into equal length parts

Default Cutting a project into equal length parts

Is there anyway using Adobe Premier Pro to cut one long video project into say 4 or 5 equal length parts automatically. I have many of these seamless projects that are 20 GB large and I want to easily cut them down into 5 equal-length parts so I can save each part to a DVD-R. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

I would suggest you do things slightly differently.

I would set the 'work area' manually for each 'clip' you want. That way you can choose the best cut point, i.e. at a natural point in the movie like the end of a scene.

Then with the work area set when you do your export just specify you only want to export the work are and not the entire timeline.

Hey Alan, thanks for the good tip. That is what I'll try to do.

I am using Premier Pro and have cut my long video into short little pieces that I would like to save individually by the method of "Razor At Current Time Indicator". So now I have all the little pieces but am having trouble figuring out how I go about saving each one individually. Am I doing this right? Or is there another method for doing this. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by seodevhead
    Hey Alan, thanks for the good tip. That is what I'll try to do.

I am using Premier Pro and have cut my long video into short little pieces that I would like to save individually by the method of "Razor At Current Time Indicator". So now I have all the little pieces but am having trouble figuring out how I go about saving each one individually. Am I doing this right? Or is there another method for doing this. Thanks for your help!
    yes there is another method, which I would find preferential. Read my previous post. It sound slike you are still rendering/exporting the entire timeline. Don't. Mark your work area and export that only. You will avoid cutting up your movie.

If the above doesn't mean anything then razor the movie up and the cut and paste the clips into a timeline of their own and then export that. Thaty will do it also.