Thread: VCDs and DVDs of hollywood movies

Default VCDs and DVDs of hollywood movies

How the VCDs and DVDs of hollywood movies are created and by using what software?

I am repeating this question because i didn't get a satisfactory answer before.

I have little doubt that hollywood movie DVD are authored in exactly the same way I do mine using Adobe Encore. The processes and workflow will, no doubt, be exactly the same.

I do know what s/w each production studio uses but whatever they all use, the principals will be the same. The high end s/w might have some extra features I'm not used to having though e.g. seamless branching for two version of the same movie on one disk.

Your question is a little vague though, are you just looking at a acquiring a list of s/w packages the 'big boys' use or is there more to your question? let us knwo what, exactly, you are after and we maybe able to help.

I am interested about the workflow---how the films are digitized, whether by film scanner or any other process, whether any specific software is used etc. If possible, I'll try to acquire!

They run the film through something called a telecine machine. which scans each frame of film 1 by 1 multipass. It takes around 48 hours to do a whole movie sometimes more depending on the quality of the machine. They range from 500k american to 2 million american dollars.

After that all frames are merged into 10 to 20 minute video blocks in uncompressed format.

They are cleaned up of scratches and spots then are synced with sound, once this is complete they merge all the clips and color correct and then encode to desired format.

Lets just say this is not for a home enthusiast.

BTW Thats hollywood Standards.

The bootleggers produce much crappyer versions for 8mm film by projecting them onto a non reflective white surface and record with a digital camcorder set to record at the same frame rate as the 8mm.

Thats the budget way and it does not produce the quality of true telecine.
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Thanks a lot karmatized. But what about the encoding software?