Thread: Monitor Problem

Default Monitor Problem

Hi there,

I started to have problem with my monitor, its IIYama Vision Master Pro 455 - MM904UT A (ABK)

Problem:
    The edges of left and right of the screen are moving vertically in and out, creating shifting effect that my screen is resizing.
    I realized it happens even more when i push a little the table that monitor is sitting on. First i thought its power cord, which i replaced but no change, still the same.

Could anyone help me please ?
    Rick Kacerek

one thing may be strain on your VGA coard (assuming thats what you use) check and make sure that no pins are bent in either ned, and that there is no strain. always use slack in electrical wires!!!!

edit-------------------------
    also you may want to check and make sure that nothing is creating a magnetic field, as this is because it will create mass amounts of interference, I used to have a set of 15" subwoofers 10 feet from my monitor, and it would wave and change colors!
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

I took the monitor to another room, connected to another PC and still the same problem.
    Rick Kacerek

Ok,,,, one more try before you should most likely declare "junk" .... play around in the settings of the monitor. and try the "Recall" button in your monitors settings, which brings it back to its "factory" state. other than that i have no idea!
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

I'll add a bit too... try to set your video card's refresh rate to the same as your powerline frequency, 50 Hz in the UK/EU and 60 Hz in North America.

The filtering in your monitor's power supply may be failing and letting the powerline ripple in to the vertical deflection circuits. By setting the refresh rate to the same, all that happens is a slight nonlinearity rather than a jitter.

Another possible source of this sort of trouble is a bad earthing connection. It's best to have your PC and monitor share a power strip rather than two different wall outlets.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70