Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Competition: Vote your best video.

Default Christmas Competition: Vote your best video.

Voting's here. OK The way I will work this is you can vote in two ways. You can e-mail the name of the person you have voted for to luke@ld-productions.co.uk Please quote the following

1) Mandalarcan

2)Nate

3) Lockwood

4) Tony

Or you can text

1)Man

2)Nate

3)Andy

4) tony

to +447984872304

The sim has been used just for the compo so no use texting me as I will just chuck the sim away. You will not get a confomation.

Click here. Entrants must NOT vote for them selfs. Ld-productions reserve the right to stop voting at any given point

OK, I'll make a start, at least. My first impressions.

Hope
    Actually I really liked this. I've watched it a couple of times by now and found it didn't deteriorate from being watched a second time. I really liked the slo-mo shot fo the roses fallingto the ground. Just a bit of a shame that the white rose didn;t quite 'bounce' properly and seemed to float in theair slightly. Not too sure the orange coloured bit at the end worked for me though and the colours on the shot of the roses at 3:29 looked very washed out - or was this deliberate.

Manger Scene
    I remember discussion on some of the techy aspectes on a shot like this a while ago. Presumably, this it the final result. I thought it came out pretty good. Decent enough animation with the animals but I notice Mary's blue cloak has become somewhat see-thru and a shadow can be seen behind the actors.
    A decent enough attempt and cetainly warrants a look from us all, however, and I guess this will come as little surprise, as a self contained movie it somewhat lacks plot.

CSIB
    No comments as yet. Explanations to follow no doubt

A Simpson's Xmas
    I haven't a seen much of Andy's work so can't really tell how this compares to his other stuff but I thought this was great. very well put together. The pace and timing worked for me. I knew it wouidl work for me from the opening shot of 'grandma' asking if she was on camera. Speaking too? It set just the right tone for me.
    A couple fo the 'setadicam' shots could have bene a little steadier but, hey, I know how hard that can be to get right and when you're shooting 'real life' there's no second chances so this is forgivable in my eyes. A little bit of white balance correction might have been the order of the day at the dinner table scenes but that might have been a deliberate 'mood' decision.
    A great watch, well done![/b]

Blog Entries

Ok. My critique.

Hope. Really liked the look and feel of this. Lovely dreamy look, nice flowing shots, good music too. Overall a really good video. Downsides? Didn't care for the orangy look at the end or the snow effect near the beginning. Have much respect because it was actually made for the comp instead of mine where I just used my families antics to blag my way in.

Manger Scene As a technical exercise it came out pretty well. The animated animals were pretty good, and apart from the fade out on Mary's shawl and lack of overall 'story', a good effort.

CSIBThis took me by surprise. Two stars in the making? Maybe not, but entertaining nevertheless. A kind of Police Squad feel here and there that worked pretty well. I thought the lighting was a little harsh in the house and there was a continuity flaw with the guy in the door which I'm still wondering was intentional. The Bunny ears made me spit my tea out, so ten out of ten for that. I did think the opening dragged a little though. Would love to see the outtake reel, particularly the T.O.S.S.E.R. lines!

Luke - voting arrangments seem a little haphazard, since there isn't a form like 1,2,3,4 in order of preference. I think we need that.

I will "try" and get some voting arangements soon. Sorry its so disorganised.

Blog Entries

Been away for a bit, only managing to pop in occasionally. Hows the voting going Luke? Any interest...... at all?

At the moment there is a very close lead...Not saying any more!

Just checked and there is one vote between them. We need more votes!

Blog Entries

Any idea when we'll find out the winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Any idea when we'll find out the winner?
    In 12 days time . Very close lead. Still ive only had 5 votes..Thiught they might be more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeD
    ..Thought they might be more.
    I think you should have had a form for people to vote on Luke. Perhaps a poll on here or something. People need things easy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast