Thread: wires

Default wires

i've seen in movies, they do stunts with wires on them, the first thing i wanna know is that, say th person is infront of a greenscreen, he has wires on him, how to they remove that? is it by coloring over the wire in photoshop frame by frame? and second question is that ,i also seen people doing stunts with wires on them not in front of a green screen, how do they remove the wires from that?

You buy a plugin like this one to do it all for you.

http://www.revisionfx.com/rfil.htm

Of course, you could do it frame by frame in Photoshop. I'm sure only the first five frames would be 'fun' though

quick edit: I've not used the plugin, above, at all. I just know it exists. So I can't vouch for how good it might or might not be.

It's called Wire and Rig removal. You could try using the clone tool in After Effects to clone out the wires in each frame and as Alan says only the first five frames would be 'fun' though.

Finally, something I can reply to. Let me sit for a minute and let that soak in....

The way I have achieved this is by taking footage of the scene without the actor in it, then filming it again with the actor in it. Import both footages into after affects (with the actor footage on top) and then simply create a mask over the wire for each frame. It's a bitch but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie 4 fingers
    Finally, something I can reply to. Let me sit for a minute and let that soak in....

The way I have achieved this is by taking footage of the scene without the actor in it, then filming it again with the actor in it. Import both footages into after affects (with the actor footage on top) and then simply create a mask over the wire for each frame. It's a bitch but it gets the job done.
    Great if you can do it but if your background is moving or if the light changes between takes you're scuppered.

My opinion is to fix from a single source if possible.