Thread: Premiere Pro: Transitions don't work

Default Premiere Pro: Transitions don't work

Hi there,

I finished my biggest project some days ago. It is a 3h+ video and the prproj-file is approximatly 7 mb.

If I open the file my project is loaded correctly and the timelime shows all video and audio tracks with all video clips, transitions, keyframes and special effects.

But If I create a preview by typing +ENTER+ or even if I export the movie the transitions (audio+video) do not appear. No matter if I insert a video effect->transition or make a video track transparent by using keyframes. There is no fade.

If I delete the transition and re-insert it works - until I save, close and open it again. Then the transitions are dead again. They are shown in the timeline, but they don't work.

Looks like a serious bug. Is there a workaround?

Thanks a lot in advance.

André

Default try smaller?

Dude,

I'm not sure how much help I can give you - I've never had this problem. Have you tried using transitions on smaller clips? Ie., get a small clip, cut it up and try several transitions on it -> then export to movie or render it and see if it works. I thought it would be useful to establish whether transitions work on your sytem in general.

If it does work, then I'm at a loss for a solutions.

3 hours?! Jesus! That's big. I recently did a music video (5mins 45secs) and I had to use a Sony VAIO (GRT815M - P4 3.0Ghz) on the road to edit it. The VAIO wasn't co-operating so I had to create a separate project for each scene and export each project to AVI then join the clips together.

I know this isn't the BEST solution, but it does work!

Try cutting your film into smaller chunks (with transitions etc.), export the each chunk to AVI and then join them together.

dVdA