Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: dvd menu

  1. #1

    Default dvd menu

    hey every one,
    im new to video editing and infact i just finished fully edditing my first bday film and all i got to do now is to make a dvd out it, i also wanted a high graphic menu for it with moation background or thumpnails but i could not have that with the program that i used.
    can some one recomend a program that lets me make a realy good menu for dvd?
    \
    thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Adobe Encore or Sony DVD Architect

  3. Default

    for newbie I will recommend Ulead movie factory 4, Encore & Architect can be a bit complicated sometimes

  4. #4

    Default

    thanks i will try them

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    8,938
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio69
    for newbie I will recommend Ulead movie factory 4, Encore & Architect can be a bit complicated sometimes
    Yea, tell me about it, I just got dvd architect and it looks great but it's a steep learning curve that i unfortunately need to climb this week.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio69
    for newbie I will recommend Ulead movie factory 4, Encore & Architect can be a bit complicated sometimes
    Yea, tell me about it, I just got dvd architect and it looks great but it's a steep learning curve that i unfortunately need to climb this week.
    I am somehow in between newbie & intermediate same same, me still learning on Encore & Premiere 1.5, because I intend to be in business for wedding video.

    Ulead MF4 is very easy because of its step by step guidance. Only thing I find that it tends to take up more space than other program, example:
    - I have put in all these DVD files in UMF4 & the same onto Nero, the result is UMF4 shown up to 4.5 GB which is over limit due to my DVD-R only 4.3 GB, but Nero - with the same number & size of files, only shown 4 GB, its really puzzle : :

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    8,938
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Personally I always aim high with my software and camera stuff. I think it is better to make that extra bit of effort to learn how to do something really well. If you are to do commercial work this will give you more flexibility when shaping the fianl product.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    I'd would disagree and avoid Ulead as it will only make it harder to learn the higher classed applications. Yes they are a steeper learning curve but its best to put in some leg work early and learn how to do it properly on a decent application rather than do it the easy way. Will save you a lot of time later.

  9. Default

    True, I am quite a perfectionist in video works myself, I did wedding presentation for friends & it took me 2 weeks just to make a 5 mins videon montage which they are very please with my work.

    The feel of satisfaction is great!

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishmark
    I'd would disagree and avoid Ulead as it will only make it harder to learn the higher classed applications. Yes they are a steeper learning curve but its best to put in some leg work early and learn how to do it properly on a decent application rather than do it the easy way. Will save you a lot of time later.
    No wonder it take me quite a while to learn encore after using UMF4 for quite some time........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WEB based front end menu / DVD Menu
    By Mitchuk in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 11:21 AM
  2. Dvd menu
    By jjchad in forum Blu Ray, DVD, SVCD and VCD authoring
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 05:01 AM
  3. 2 x .mpg into a DVD with menu
    By bashdem in forum Blu Ray, DVD, SVCD and VCD authoring
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 01:27 PM
  4. DVD Menu Creator
    By schmeun in forum Blu Ray, DVD, SVCD and VCD authoring
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 07:48 AM
  5. dvd menu
    By ricky in forum Blu Ray, DVD, SVCD and VCD authoring
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •