Thread: 'Premiere failed to return a video frame' problems exporting

Default 'Premiere failed to return a video frame' problems exporting

Hi,

I've just completed a twelve minute film using premiere pro and am trying to export it onto DVD. I really am not entirely sure how I go about doing this, but I've begun with what seems to be the simplest route. Since it gives me the option to burn straight onto DVD using Premiere I've tried that. Unfortunately after it gets a third of the way through the burning process it just stops. No error messages or anything, it literally just stops.

So as an alternative I've tried to export using the media encoder and make an Mpeg and wav file and then export to DVD using encore or Nero. The problem is every time I try and export it comes up with an error message saying 'Adobe failed to return a video frame'. I have no idea what this means and was hoping someone here might be able to help.

I've also exported the movie as an AVI and then opened it in Encore. when I try and burn it onto DVD it pops up with a message saying "unknown error". This could be down to me having very little experience with encore and not really knowing what I'm doing though!

any help at all would be extremely helpful,

cheers guys!

I used to get this quite a lot.

I was running Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and editing HDV material. Also, it turns out that another contributing factor is the Matrox RT.X100 card inside my editing rig.

Does any of this sound familiar?

If not then there is a Microsoft Windows update that is supposed to help these 'unknown erros' in Premiere. I can't remember the id of the patch buy it's there. I'm sure with some intelligent searching you can find it.

However, if that stuff above DOES sound familiar then I might be able to help.

All my (similar) problems went away when I purchased Cineform Aspect HD and installed it along with the following.

There is allegedly some kind of conflict betweenthe cineform stiff and the Matrix RT.X100 drivers. What you need to do is decide which mode you want to be in for that session and then either move the Matrox or the Cineform directory elsewhere, waya from the
    Premiere Pro 1.5 -> Plug-ins -> en_US
    directory. i.e. make sure you have one or the other tohand som only the one you want in that session actually get loaded when you start Premiere.

This is what cured it for me. I hope it helps.

Alan

thanks, that certainly does sound familiar!

It's somewhat crazy though considering the Matrox card was bundled with Premiere!

Anyway I'll definitely try your advice and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Thanks again for you help, very much appreciated!

In their defence though. You have to remember that the Matrox RT.X100 was designed back in the days of Premiere 6 (or maybe even earlier) so I think they've done a pretty good job of keeping things compatible for as long as they have.

I suggest you make backup copies of both directories and then maybe do as I have and create a couple of .BAT files on your desktop. One to set Matrox mode, copying out the Cineform stuff and to copy in the Matrox stuff. guess what the other way does

Just make sure you don't do what I did a couple of weeks back. I only tried to install thelatest copy of Aspect HD (3.4) whenI was in 'Matrox Mode'. No wonder it got nowhere and I was oh so close to posting questions on the relevant forums about it too. D'oh.

So. How is this issue progressing? Are things ok now?

This is the file you speak of,

WindowsXP-KB886716-v2-x86-ENU.exe

Type KB886716 in the knowledge base search at microsoft.com

7. Default

I need help with a similar problem!!!!!
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/adobe-p...operation.html click there and post on that thread