Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many cameras do they.............

Default How many cameras do they.............

this is probably a beginner question, but i don't know abt it. i wanted to know that, like, when someone is talking in a video, lets say the camera is in front of him, and hes tlking, then, like 5 sec later, the camera is on his side, and they r still tlking abt the same thing, i can't explain it that well, i hope u guys understand. let me say that in another way, like, the person tlks and he is in different scenes, like, he is tlking and the camera view changes to behind him or side of him, he is still tlking abt the same thing. i wanted to know, do they do tht by having like 2 to 3 cameras?

Well its done in whats called "takes" with one camera. So they will film from one angle with some speach. Then take 2 with a diffrent angle. All with one camera.

st to add.In post they then sync it up. The way they get past lets say a little bit of a line muck up is to cut within the breaths.

i thought of that way before, but saying every line like 4 times each, won't that take like the whole day? its just too long, r u sure they do it that way?

lol trust us, that that is the way it is done, my buddy made a 12 minute film that was constantly changing cam angles, and it looked completely awesome and fluid, all done with one camera
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

im nto saying that ur wrong, i no it can be done that way, but, i still think that don't they get tired or something lol, where did u find out that they use only one camera? i curious.

If you have a bunch of cameras go ahead and use those, but that is the way (and im not trying to speak for everybody) our creative minds work, and that we can make a shot a bunch of times with one camera look very fluid, and seamless........... but if you have the resources go ahead.
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

i no i can use 2 or 3 cameras, i just want to know how people who make movies or dramas do that. but if ur sure that they use 1 camera, i believe u then. thts good also cuz then i can use 1 cam, kool.

That's the usual set up on movie productions, but in a television studio they have 3 cameras. One on the left, one in the centre and one on the right. The camera on the right shoots everything on the left and the camera on the left shoots everything on the right and the one in the centre usuallu stays on the presenter. If you watch a programme in the UK called 'Have I Got News For You', they use the above set up. Panelists on the left and right and the presenter in the centre. The vision mixer then cuts between the three cameras giving a variety of shots. On movie sets especially where an explosion is about to be performed and say it would take too long to put a building back together again, then multiple cameras are used to capture the action from multiple angles as in The X Files Movie.

thnks for sharing that!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast