Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing actors from a film clip

Default Removing actors from a film clip

I want to make a short film using stuff that has aleady been filmed

I want to take a film clip and pull the actors off of it and then place them in other film clips.

Like in photoshop how you can trace out a person leaving only that person and then you can place that person in another picture- yes I know it's a whole other ball game when dealing with moving images like in video.

and the clips I am using I would evan have a hard time telling a program to just get rid of this color or that and just leaving the people since the people are in the woods and alot of the colors on them are also in the backgrounds.

I am hoping that there is a way to do this other than frame by frame.

Ps on a whole other note, my next thing I will have to work on is pulling a texture off of a film monster and putting it on a 3d studio max monster.

Blimey that's a situation :o

The only thing I can think of suggesting is if you have After Effects then try using the Difference Matte to remove anything in the background.

You would need a still frame of the background without the actors, but I don't know if this is possible to get from your footage.

Also because it's in the woods it may not work brilliant because of any movement in the trees and the leaves. It may not even work at all but it would be worth a shot.

The Difference Matte, put simply, removes the still frame source from the targeted footage so anything that is the same is erased / transparent.

Other than this I can't think of another way of doing it besides frame by frame removal.

I wonder if I could Lock onto just the moving objects and edit them out that way?

The backgound shakes sometimes though, What I am wanting to do it use footage from the old TV show 'Land of the lost' 1970's version, and remove the actors and then use them with new backgrounds and such, the idea is to make one more episode I know that I can't release this episode to the pubic unless I really wanted to get sued, but it is just something I want to make, you see with that show there was alot of blue screen used so the actors are already matted in alot and sometime the backgroud shakes and sometime the jungle is just a set and does not move at all unless they run into it.

why would I want to make another land of the lost episode you might ask - the answer is, for people that remember the show you might remember that the man that played the 'Dad' left the show after season two and the third ( last ) season was made without him,,,,,, well everyone thought the 'Dad' had gone home because they had showed him getting pulled into a pylon ( time device ), but what I wanted to do was show that he did not go home but was really still stuck in another part of the land of the lost, I wrote one story on this already (( http://www.writersdictionary.com/crystal1.htm )) but I think I would use another one for this project , the story is in super bad need of an edit.

I loved that show (im only 17, but back when i was like 12 i watched it on the sci-fi channel every morning b4 school... that show was really good) yeah good luck on doing that... seriously i have no idea how though!
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by grewell912
    I loved that show (im only 17, but back when i was like 12 i watched it on the sci-fi channel every morning b4 school... that show was really good) yeah good luck on doing that... seriously i have no idea how though!
    Well the project will be listed on that same website, if you wish to keep up with the updates

http://www.writersdictionary.com/

The site is new and has not been listed to the public but anyone who would like to keep up with this and other projects are welcome to stop by.

I know where you're coming from now, but it looks like frame by frame removal might be the only way to deal with this one.

Anyone else any thoughts?

Default sound effects

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Oakley
    I know where you're coming from now, but it looks like frame by frame removal might be the only way to deal with this one.

Anyone else any thoughts?
    Ok, well thanks anyway.

How about this, I have seen where they can use a keyboard like a yamaha keyboard to play sound effects, like one key would be the sound of a bird and another key would be the sound of wind and another the sound of wood breaking, and so on.

I want something like that to where I could load sound effects into it and played them at will and mix them like that- but it would be nice if I could just do that using my computer keyboard, anyone got any idea's

Do your actors move around alot in your film? You may have provided a possible but time consuming answer to your question when you talked about cutting images out of photoshop. One way would be to draw a mask shape around the actor or actors and get AE to put a black mask around the outside so you could then overlay that onto a new video scene. Again, if theres a lot of movement it will take a long time to do it in AE.

Default Moving

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony
    Do your actors move around alot in your film? .
    Well they move around about like any show would, I mean they don't do any nija hi flying judo kicks if that what you mean but they do run around also, but they stand and talk a lot also.

I would say they move around about like a sitcom most of the time.

Default best programs

what is the top three editing programs and effects programs

like is vegas better than adobe and so on.

I know this might be a hard thing to answer since a program might be great at one thing but bad at another, so a rundown would also be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast