Thread: Vegas rendering help

Default Vegas rendering help

Hi guys I am just new here and also just new to Vegas.

I would like some advice on how to 'best' render my productions.

I am currently editing a project which will be around 1 hr 15 and i want to export it to DVD .

I understand i need to render as mpeg2 but I would like some advice on the best workflow of doing this.

I dont want to have to render it for hours and then find that it is still too big to fit on a DVD.

Should I use DVD architect instead or is Vegas better?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    J

Default Re: Vegas rendering help

Hi there jonnyc747,

I hope I am not gate crashing you post but I have a very similar question and rather than post a new one I thought that maybe both our questions could be answered togetherÖ and maybe we could both benefit?

I too have a large project of around 110 minuets. I have already rendered it to mpeg-2 (which took about 10 hours) only to find that the master file it is running slow (when played back in windows media player). The is most noticeable during spoken words which are much deeper in tone. Also one segment has run out of sync on the master render whereas it is perfect in the project and I canít discover why. The files are all imported VOB files from existing DVDís.

The master render file has ended up over 5 gig which is way too long for a single side DVD. I would like to know what settings to use so that the finished rendered file does not need to be re-rendered after I transfer the master file to DVD architect. I donít want to have to wait another 10 hours for DVD architect to do what Vegas should have already doneÖ.. If you get my point?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Without getting into specifics I would say that making video often means long render times, usually this is totally unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar
    Without getting into specifics I would say that making video often means long render times, usually this is totally unavoidable.
    Hey man ain't that the truth!

What I am trying to avoid is rendering twice. Once in Vegas when compiling the master mpeg2 and then again in DVD architect :(

I would like to know what mpeg2 settings to render my project at to avoid DVD architect having to re-render

Blog Entries

I am not a dvd expert but I should think it is possible to render it in a way that will avoid rerendering in dvd architect. Have you checked the vegas help?

Have you checked the vegas help?
    Well, I'm in the process of reading the vegas and DVD architect manuals. Sometimes these things don't hit you straight away or are not to clear. I dare say in time I will figure it out but some of you guys on here are very clever and can sometimes save us novice types alot of time. I personally find the rendering options, codecs and file types a bit bewildering at the moment! Editing and manipulating video I find quite simple but it is a pain in the butt when you wait hours rendering just to find out something was not set right.

Blog Entries

....I should think it is possible to render it in a way that will avoid rerendering in dvd architect....
    There certainly is of course. And Vegas seems to do a better job too. I go Render as MPEG2 and then sub select DVD Architect video stream (widescreen usually) and render the audio as AC3 and marry the two together in DVDA. This avoids recompression in DVDA. Often I will render small segments of particularly complex effects as a test and pre-cursor to a final render. I also (and I dont know why) usually make an AVI file first and render everything else (like WMVs for the web, MPEG2 for the DVDs etc) from that master AVI.

Turn says the truth!

Might I add - I encoded a 3hour conference as mpeg2 in vegas and the resulting file was 4.65GB - it was tight but it fit on the dvd so anythingless than that should be ok.

Turn says the truth!

Might I add - I encoded a 3hour conference as mpeg2 in vegas and the resulting file was 4.65GB - it was tight but it fit on the dvd so anythingless than that should be ok.

thanks for all the help guys,

So my best option could be to render to mpeg-2 and then import this into either DVD architect or DVD workshop?

If using menus would you need to render each part of the production as a separate mpeg-2 file and then paste in each part after the relevant menu pointers?

J