Thread: Re-edit from DVD-possibel?

Default Re-edit from DVD-possibel?

I own a Dell Computer and have been using Pinnacle 8 for all the editing. Made the DVDs with outstanding results . I deleted all the movie files to make more room for new downloads. Now I would like to go back to a DVD I made and re-edit some more. Pinnacle nor Sonic is allowing me to download from the DVD I just made. Do I have to start all over?
    Thanks ,

No, just rip the DVD into an editable format (DVDRip or XMPEG will do that for you) and it will turn it into MPEG-2 files which you can edit in Studio.
    Consider visible quality loss though.

Actually my objective , is to take my Hi 8 family movies from the past, and edit them onto DVD's. I understand that there is software( some quite expensive software) and cheaper ones like Dazzle, but the results are less than acceptable.
    Pinnacle gives me a mirror image of what I filmed with my Sony TV900, . The Hi 8 camera was a Canon A1 digital (movie camera) so the results were the best at the time.
    I thought I would buy a DVD recorder, make DVDs then somehow download them to my computer and edit them using Pinnacle.I have not had any luck copying the files the my DVD folder , then opening them with Pinnacle . I have Sonic and Moviemaker also. The DVD's i've been burning are DVD+R. How do I do it , and get great results?

Question 10 FAQ

Gorham, Maine USA

Default previous post may provide some insight

...just FYI, there was some discussion on loading VOB files using Pinnacle Studio at the following location:

Not all of my questions were answered, but the dialogue may be helpful to you.